The Indiana Women’s Education Foundation (previously known as the Indiana BPW Foundation) was established on March 31, 1991 by the members of the Indiana Federation of Business & Professional Women (INFBPW). Since that time the Foundation has sponsored several activities. They include:
- The 8th Grade Essay Contest for all Indiana boys and girls. This is sponsored through the Conni Richards Youth Fund.
- The Reality Store®
- The Youth of Achievement Award
- The Conni Richards Golf Classic.
- The “New Beginnings” program – a weekend conference designed especially for abused women throughout Indiana. This program held workshops on self-esteem, career development, decision-making, career options and opportunities, and mentoring.
- Each year the Foundation gives Scholarships to women re-entering the workforce, changing careers, employed at least 20 hours per week, displaced workers who have applied to a post-secondary institution, and who meet other qualifications as defined.